Saturday, October 16, 2010

4AD - This Mortal Coil - Filigree & Shadow 1986 (2)

Artists : This Mortal Coil
Album : Filigree & Shadow
Release Date : 1986/09/20
Labels : 4AD





Track listing
1. Velvet Belly
2. The Jeweller (Vocals by Dominic Appleton) originally recorded by Pearls Before Swine3. Ivy and Neet
4. Meniscus
5. Tears
6. Tarantula (Vocals by Dominic Appleton, Deirdre & Louise Rutkowski) originally recorded by Colourbox7.My Father (Vocals by Alison Limerick) originally recorded by Judy Collins8.Come Here My Love (Vocals by Jean) originally recorded by Van Morrison9.At First, and Then
10.Strength of Strings (Vocals by Dominic Appleton) originally recorded by Gene Clark11.Morning Glory (Vocals by Deirdre & Louise Rutkowski) originally recorded by Tim Buckley
12.Inch-Blue
13.I Want to Live (Vocals by Deirdre & Louise Rutkowski) originally recorded by Gary Ogan & Bill Lamb14.Mama K (1)
15.Filigree & Shadow
16.Firebrothers" (Vocals by Richenel) originally recorded by Quicksilver Messenger Service17.Thaïs (1)
18.I Must Have Been Blind (Vocals by Richenel) originally recorded by Tim Buckley19.A Heart of Glass
20.Alone (Vocals by Caroline Seaman & Alison Limerick) originally recorded by Colin Newman21.Mama K (2)
22.The Horizon Bleeds and Sucks Its Thumb
23.Drugs (Vocals by Alison Limerick) originally recorded by Talking Heads24.Red Rain (Vocals by Caroline Seaman)
25.Thaïs"(2)


This Mortal Coil - My Father

Sad & Beautiful !


My father always promised me
That we would live in France
We'd go boating on the Seine
And I would learn to dance

We lived in Ohio then
He worked in the mines
On his dreams like boats
We knew we would sail in time

My sisters on the road, and ran away
To Denver and Cheyenne
Marrying their own grownup dreams
The lilacs and the man

I stand behind the young girls dreams
Only danced alone
Hoping, hoping that my fathers dreams
would take me home.

I live in Paris now
My children dance and dream
Hearing the ways of a miner's life
In words they've never seen

I sail my memories of home
Like boats across the Seine
And watch my fathers eyes
Watching the setting sun
Set in my fathers eyes again


This Mortal Coil - I Want To Live / Morning Glory



I've gathered all my lifetime memories of you
My lusty sentiments that made life seem true
I'm rather selfish and I mean to be unkind
And you can't imagine what it does to me inside

But where am I, I want to die
I want to live, I want to die

If I were someone I would like to be a fool
No one would know me, and I think that would be cool
I'd paint a picture of my life upon your wall
And use the colors that have made life seem small

But where am I, I want to die
I want to live, I want to die

But you've got a way of understanding me
And I just call it one of your mysteries
But you know you've got to stay close to me, close to me

But where am I, I want to die
But where am I, I want to die
I want to die, I want to give


I lit my purest candle close to my
Window, hoping it would catch the eye
Of any vagabond who passed it by
And I waited in my fleeting house

Before he came I felt him drawing near
As he neared I felt the ancient fear
That he had come to wound my door and jeer
And I waited in my fleeting house

"Tell me stories," I called to the Hobo;
"Stories of cold," I smiled at the Hobo;
"Stories of old," I knelt to the Hobo;
And he stood before my fleeting house

"No," said the Hobo, "No more tales of time;
Don't ask me now to wash away the grime;
I can't come in 'cause it's too high a climb,"
And he walked away from my fleeting house#

"Then you be damned!" I screamed to the Hobo;
"Leave me alone," I wept to the Hobo;
"Turn into stone," I knelt to the Hobo;
And he walked away from my fleeting hou


This Mortal Coil - Tarantula



I'm living but I'm feeling numb.
Can see it in my stare.
I wear a mask so falsely numb and I don't know who I am.
Despite the worlds inside of me thwarting me away.
I've noticed in other eyes, time's closing in.
But when the thunder breaks it breaks for you and me.
Tarantula, tarantula, tarantula, tarantula.


The future's looking rather grim.
Strange black tide.
Decisions lie with stupid men.
alone with my life.
That choking and the hype in me expecting me to fall.
But only if I'm threatened will the tables turn.
But when the thunder breaks it breaks for you and me.
Tarantula, tarantula, tarantula, tarantula
My world's under a sentence of death, I was born underground.
But when the pressure gets too much for me, I bite.


This Mortal Coil - Drugs

(Powerful Song!)後面跳針~Orz
And all I see is little dots,
Some are smeared and some are spots.
Feels like a murder but that's alright.
Somebody said "There's too much light."
Pull down the shades and it's alright.
It'll be over in a minute or two.
I'm charged up.
Don't put me down.
Don't feel like talking.
Don't mess around.
I feel mean.
I feel O.K.
I'm charged up! Electricity.

The boys are making a big mess.
Those messed up girls all start to laugh.
I don't know what they're talking about.
The boys are worried.
The girls are shocked.
They pick the sound and let it drop.
Nobody know what they're talking about.

I'm charged up with microwaves.
I don't tell the truth,
I don't tell lies.
I'm broken up ???,
I'm charged up
It's pretty intense,
I'm charged up,
Don't put me down,
Don't feel like talking,
Don't mess around,
I feel mean and I feel O.K.
I'm charged up! Electricity.


This Mortal Coil - A Heart of Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment